Customer Services and Customer Collect Opening Times
Jokers' Masquerade's normal opening hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17:00
At Jokers' Masquerade, we pride ourselves in having a large warehouse and maintaining high stock levels with a business model that promotes a speedy and efficient delivery service. We evangelise a dedicated Customer Service ethos and endeavour to over exceed all customer expectations. As our customer reviews prove, we do get it right!
So, if you are happy with us and our service, please tell others and let us add your comments to our testimonal page. If you are not, please tell us and we will make immediate remedy.
To help quickly find what you are looking for, simply search the right hand index and click on the delivery information.
If you have further questions, please contact us.
Jokers' Masquerade's normal opening hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17:00
We prefer to accept payment by debit, credit card or PayPal. We can sometimes accept payment by BACS, CHAPS, business cheques or postal orders. We are sorry but we cannot accept personal cheques or cash.
Please note that no order will be dispatched for shipping until it is paid for in full.
All cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Abscissa.Com Limited.
Making a purchase could not be easier. Simply browse our catalogue here online, clicking on any items for further information and to add to the shopping basket. After you have finished your selections, click on "View Basket" to view your purchases and continue to the checkout. At checkout time you will be asked for a few details that we need in order to process the order.
We pride ourselves in maintaining high stocking levels for all products. Our website runs on a 'real time' database based on stock in our warehouse. Quite simply, if you can add an item to your shopping basket, it is in stock. Our system is configured to alert you within the product page should an item awaiting supplier delivery, which you should consider when considering shipping times. Similarly, if an item is out of stock and not showing a date due in, then we have not yet received confirmation of the delivery date from our suppliers.
We can assure you that you can be confident that when making a purchase, the selected items will be available for immediate shipment.
Our statistics show that 99.9% of all orders are received by our customers within their delivery expectations and without complaint. Further to customer feedback, please read our comprehensive delivery options and pricing page.
If you wish to cancel an order or part order transaction before it is shipped, please do so immediately via telephone. You will not be charged any penalty whatsoever and your payment method will also be cancelled. If the order has been picked and packed then the Post-Shipment cancellation will apply.
You may cancel your order up to 14 working days from receipt of your purchase. You will be invited to return the goods in an unopened and unused state for refund. Please see our Returns Policy for more information.
All goods purchased from Jokers' Masquerade may be returned for refund within 14 working days from receipt of goods[*].
Before sending the parcel back to us, please contact us at customer services for a Returns Authorisation Number. You will be asked for the reason for the return plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available if you telephone. You will need to include this Returns Number with your parcel back to us as failure to do so may result in delay of any refund.
Items such as stockings, panties and wigs adhere to our strict policy and we ask our customers not to open or try-on any of these products until they are happy it suits their needs. For items such as contact lenses the packaging will need to be unopened and and without exception not tried on or tested. This is for obvious hygienic reasons. Any of these items returned might not be refunded if found to be worn.
May we please ask you to additionally note:
1. You must take care of our goods whilst they are in your possession and any item for return must be received back in its original shipped condition and original packing. The item must be without damage or use and in a suitable condition for resale. All original packaging should accompany any returned item. We cannot accept returns for refund if such items have been opened from a sealed package (Costumes do not typically come in sealed packages and you can try them on). All items will be inspected on their return to our warehouse.
We are not a manufacturer, so the whole product and packaging must be returned as the same condition as you would have received it and how you may expect to receive it. If the product or packaging is in any way missing or damaged, we cannot refund.
2. That you or your carrier are responsible for any returned goods until they reach our warehouse. Cost and Risk of return will be at your expense and we strongly recommend that you receive proof of posting or use Royal Mail's "Recorded Signed" service. You may like to opt for Royal Mail's "Special Delivery" service if a valuable item.
3. We regret that outbound shipping, packing and insurance cannot be refunded.
4. We try to make refunds within one week of receipt back to us though promise to make all refunds within 30 calendar days from receipt of goods to our warehouse. Please note that we will not be held liable for any interest payment that you may incur because any refund was made outside of your credit/debit card timescales.
5. Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Returns Authorisation Number. Any returned items not including such information may well be delayed.
6. Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as 'In Dispute'. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you, otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
7. We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace an item until the original is returned to Jokers' Masquerade'. If you need an item in a hurry, we suggest you place a second order for the new item and send the original back at a later date.
8. Sometimes and especially if goods are purchased in advance for a present or delivered while on holiday, aforementioned 14 day response timescales can be missed. Therefore, without prejudice and as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to consider the following remedy on a case by case basis:
[*] "14 working days from receipt of goods" shall be defined as 14 working days after the date of signature of receipt of goods
All of our products come with our 30 day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for exchange or refund of original purchase price. This does not effect your Statutory Rights.
Should a product be faulty, you should let us know immediately as we will happily refund or exchange it for you. You should let us know as soon as possible via email (or telephone first) within 14 calendar days from the date of delivery or, where this was not apparent on reasonable inspection, within 14 calendar days after discovery or 30 calendar days after receipt by you, whichever is the earlier.
Before sending the parcel back to us, please contact us for a Jokers' Masquerade Returns Authorisation Number. You will be asked for the reason for the return including whether you will prefer a refund or exchange plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available if you telephone. You will need to include this Returns Number with your parcel back to us as failure to do so will result in delay of any refund. May we please ask you to additionally note:
1. We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our approval.
2. Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Returns Authorisation Number. Any returned items not including such information may well be delayed.
3. Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as 'In Dispute'. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded or exchanged. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you, otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace a faulty item until the original is returned to Jokers' Masquerade'.
All images which portray costumes or items are used with the permission of the Copyright holder. Jokers' Masquerade make every effort to maintain clear descriptions and endeavour to use such 'up to date' images that are representative and truly reflect the item to be purchased. However Jokers' Masquerade cannot be held responsible for [a] any perception you may have in product representation and [b] the manufacturer's obligation of a right to change product specification including colour or design at any time and without notice.
It is also important to note that some colours may vary slightly from what you see on screen to the product ultimately received, depending on your monitor screen resolution and colour/display settings. We are aware that our site looks different on different PC's using different browsers and having different colour and screen resolution settings.
All the prices in the store are shown inclusive and exclusive of VAT where applicable at the prevailing rates. We sell in UK Pounds Sterling (£).
Example products where VAT is liable or exempt are:
VAT is applicable to any purchase with a destination address within the UK or EU and is calculated based upon the shipping address detail.If you are a non UK company based in the EU who can supply a VAT number, VAT will not be charged as you are entitled to a zero rated intra EC supply. Please contact us in this instance as we require your VAT Registration number before your order can be processed.
Please see our separate section on VAT to BFPO addresses below.
As at 1st January 2014, the consolidated EU Member States deemed chargeable for VAT are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus[*], Czech Republic, Denmark (except the Faroe Islands and Greenland), Estonia, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany (except Busingen and the Isle of Heligoland), Greece, Hungary, The Republic of Ireland (Eire), Italy (except the communes of Livigno and Campione d'Italia and the Italian waters of Lake Lugano), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearic Islands but excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden and United Kingdom (and the Isle of Man).
[*]except the United Nations buffer zone and the part of Cyprus to the north of the buffer zone, where the Republic of Cyprus does not exercise effective control
The following countries and territories are outside the EC fiscal (VAT) area: The Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Andorra, San Marino, The Aland Islands, The Canary Islands, The overseas departments of France (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, St Pierre and Miquelon and French Guiana), Mount Athos, Gibraltar and The Vatican City. VAT is not payable at any other destination within the rest of the world.
EU Member States Source: HM Customs & Excise.
Please be aware however that Import Duties will be deemed payable to imports outside of the UK and EU, including The Canary Islands.
We have received a number of enquiries in respect to serving Forces personnel with BFPO addresses and whether VAT is liable. We have created this section hopefully to answer your questions in respect to whether we should or should not charge you VAT. Our answers are based in liasion with HM Customs & Excise and the BFPO network website. Please read this additional information in association with the above.
Due to the complexities of VAT and the sometimes anonymous nature of serving Forces addresses overseas, (including Naval ships) our stance is to add VAT to any BFPO postal address by default.
European static BFPO address numbers including UK, Northern Ireland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, & Denmark are liable for VAT on applicable goods from Jokers' Masquerade. However and in the past, some people have challenged us that VAT is not payable on VAT liable products destined to European BFPO addresses. In answer to that debate:
We will be happy not to charge VAT on any International static BFPO address number such as Belize, Gibraltar, Nepal, USA, Canada and Brunei though we will need to raise a manual invoice. Please contact us should your BFPO address fall under this group and we will happily raise a manual invoice for you.
Prior to shipping, we reserve the right to decline, reject or similarly cancel any order or part order without notice and refund any payment in full.
Many products, especially accessories can be procured from different suppliers depending on stock availability. Please note therefore that products may come in different packaging.
All prices are correct at time of publication. Jokers' Masquerade reserve the right to change, alter or amend any price at any time without notice. Should a product price decrease since an original purchase, contractually we are not obligated to refund the difference. Similarly, should an increase occur prior to purchase, we are not obligated to sell at the previous lower price.
All goods remain the property of Abscissa.Com Limited until paid for in full.